GLOBAL SUPERYACHT MEDICAL & SECURITY NETWORK: HOW IT HELPS OUR CUSTOMERS
It might be something that you have never had to consider - but in a medical situation within a foreign environment, how do you ensure with confidence, that the medical facility you are visiting will deliver high quality care to your crew?
Perhaps you have previously visited a particular facility and been happy with the care, but has the standard has remained the same, or if it has deteriorated?
All of this information is provided by MedAire’s dedicated Network Services Team, who have links to over 91,000 approved and verified medical and security providers. Every year they spend millions of dollars not only in maintaining the information but also developing strong relationships with providers.
The network is unrivalled and when needed our operations team can use the database to provide your crew with appropriate referrals or even make appointments on your behalf. Find out more about how it works below.
THE NETWORK IN NUMBERS
WHAT IS THE QUALITY ASSESSMENT CRITERIA?
At least once every three years, the Network Services Team team conducts in-person or via Desktop visits to verify the quality of the medical services, to ensure that we always refer you to the best available facility for your needs.
The team adhere to strict guidelines and processes for providers, benchmarked against one standardised, global criteria, which looks at:
- Quality: medical level, equipment, reliability
- Credentialing: licence, insurance, diploma, pricing
This information is then compiled into a database which is kept up to date with: pictures, maps, languages spoken, opening times and payment processes. Alongside this, we compile any additional client feedback, helping to maintain the standard.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR CREW?
Referrals for treatment can be made in emergency and routine medical situations, simply by calling the MedLink number on your membership card.
Visiting unknown facilities can be stressful, so the network ensures:
WATCH: GLOBAL ASSISTANCE NETWORK IN PRACTICE
FIND OUT MORE
- The highest available standard of medical care will always be delivered
- If specialist treatment is needed: the team are able to source specialists in your area, not only saving additional legwork for crew, but potentially also avoiding crew members having to return home for treatment
- Cost containment: This important part of our assessment criteria ensures that our providers maintain reasonable pricing. Our team regularly performs a pricing analysis of 80 of the most common medical events, across key locations within 200+ public and private medical institutions. Knowing that pricing will be fair, can alleviate any potential stress in medical expenses not covered by insurance.
The information held within our Global Assistance Network is unrivalled, an important lifeline when required: whether an emergency situation, or simply a routine check-up.
To find out more about how your yacht could benefit from our services for yachts contact us here